Sprecher + Schuh is a global leader in the manufacture of Softstarters. Softstarters are an SCR based product that allows for a controlled ramp up to speed and controlled ramp down to stop of a standard squirrel cage motor. When hydraulic elevators are the application, Sprecher + Schuh makes a special version of the softstarter that takes into account the particular needs when people are on elevators and escalators. The PCEC Softstarter is an industry standard product and meets all UL and CSA requirements for solid state and elevator controllers.
• Decreases current surges on Weak electrical systems
• Reduced starting torque on the motor
• Eliminates voltage and current spikes
• Maximizes motor life
• Improves uptime of the elevator
• Microprocessor provides precise control of the motor and allows for very smooth and accurate control
Gefran, sold through Sprecher + Schuh, is a large manufacturer of solid state relays and also have a special product called a Traction Elevator Drive. This is a special Variable Frequency Drive that is made for Hydraulic elevators. Gefran has moved the control of Hydraulic Elevators into a new dimension. Complete speed control of synchronous and asynchronous motors and the easy to use programming software make this the best product for complete control of an elevator.
• Synchronous and asynchronous motors can be used
• 5 horsepower to 100 horse power models available
• 480v and 230v versions available
• Many accessories such as EMI Filters, external keypad, external braking units, and external braking resistors are available
• All UL and CSA requirements are met as well as CE and EMC regulations